Solutions for the Overhead Door Company
Advanced Systems Group is the only SouthWare dealer to offer more than 20 dynamic modules for the most comprehensive solution for the Overhead Door operator today.
Transform your complex Overhead Door management system into a streamlined and productive operation. Control inventory. Track warranties. Track job profits. Do it all with software tailored to the Overhead Door industry.
SouthWare Excellence Series™ for Overhead Door Companies can meet virtually any management demand – enabling you to focus on your core business.
• Keep tabs on job costing-tracking each job, labor costs, material costs, and sub-contractor costs.
• Manage costs associated with kit breakdown and reassembly. Our kitting module integrates with the accounting module to manage the costs required to breakdown kits into stock items.
• View and make schedule changes quickly. Prioritized and color coded, our scheduling board helps you make quick changes needed to reschedule your installers without causing time conflicts.
• Control complex installations, such as different doors installed on different dates in different locations for the same customer. Our Service Orders module automatically prompts inventory to show what is available and what needs to be ordered to meet delivery and installation deadlines.
• Track warranties by Sales Order or specific Parts. Warranty Tracking keeps a file of separate warranties while providing customer history including parts purchase, installation, and adjustments.
Frequently Asked Questions
» When I'm selling over 25 different types of doors and additional products, how can I track the exact profit for each job?
Job Costing. Our Job Cost feature offers many avenues of assistance. Track each job and what it's costing your company compared to the incoming profit. Track your labor costs, material costs and sub-contractors costs. Know the companies history as well as the percent retainage from start date to finish. Available performance reports track the actual hours and material costs for company budgeting.
» How can I disassemble kits to replace customer parts and still keep track of remaining doors?
Kitting. This module allows you to breakdown kits into stock items. For example, a specific door handle can be found by line item or description. Kitting integrates with the accounting module to manage the costs required to break down and reassemble kits. Adjusting parts within the system will automatically prompt inventory to update available stock items.
» How can I reschedule installment jobs when vendor shipments have been delayed?
Dispatch/Scheduling. Instead of having to take the time to review each individual installers schedule, viewing the entire schedule on one screen is possible. Prioritized and color coded, the scheduling board helps you make quick changes needed to reschedule your installers without causing time conflicts.
» How do I control inventory when one purchase order involving twelve doors is installed on different dates and locations?
Service Orders drive the demand for inventory by creating purchase orders according to the assigned commit dates. Service Orders automatically prompt inventory to show what is available and what needs to be ordered to meet the customer's delivery dates on time.
» How do I know if a customer's door or specific parts are under warranty?
Warranty Tracking. Track your warranties by sales order or specific parts. Warranty tracking keeps a file of separate warranties while providing customer history including parts purchase, installation and adjustments.
“The reason I chose SouthWare was because of ASG, and that was a great decision!”
Tom Schafer, President
ABC Door Company / New Mexico [Company Website]
“SouthWare is user friendly, easy to learn and makes business simple.”
JB Anderson, President
Anderson Door Company / Cleveland, OH [Company Website]
“I have worked with several accounting software packages, but SouthWare offers the greatest flexibility at looking into the General Ledger. The drill down capability is essential for research purposes and SouthWare offers numerous ways to go about finding what you are looking for. Not to mention, the reports we now use out of the system are priceless!”
Erika Smith, Controller
JB Mathews Company / Apopka, FL [Company Website]